The Lending Library is a component of the Child Care Resource & Referral Program at the Down East Partnership for Children (DEPC). The Lending Library is available to all professionals who work with infant and toddlers, preschool and school-age children.
The Library is made up of two components: Workroom and Toy Lending Library.
Lending Library Workroom
The Lending library workroom is designed to give teachers and childcare providers and anyone that works with young children the creative tools needed to help develop lesson plans and produce artwork for bulletin boards or to fun learning opportunities in the classroom.
Available Equipment includes: a Laminator, Paper Cutter, Elision Cutting Machine and Shapes.
We also provide all material necessary to create:
- Construction paper
- Cardboard specialty paper including static cling, sponge and stamp paper
- Markers, crayons, scissors and other craft supplies
Lending Library Toy Room
The Lending Library Toy Room houses a wide variety of developmentally appropriate toys, games, books, theme boxes, teacher resource books, and planning materials for infant and toddlers, preschool and school-age children.
- Materials are available to be checked out for the following areas: Music, Blocks, Art, Science, Dramatic play, Book, Math, Manipulative, and Gross motor.
- All toys, supply’s and theme boxes in the Lending Library Toy Room can be checked out for one month at a time.
The Lending Library Toy Room is for providers currently working with one of the Provider Services Team members through technical assistance.
General Lending Library Information
- The Lending Library is open by appointment only:
- Monday 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Wednesday 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Thursday 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm and by appointment
Please call if you are going to be late. If you will be more than 15 minutes late, you will need to reschedule your appointment. To make an appointment, please call Joyce West, 252-985-4300 ext. 214.
Annual Membership Fee
- $10.00 for registered child care homes or individual teachers
- $15 for Summer Camp Programs (May-August) that do not operate under a school-age or year-round program
- $30 for child care centers
- $30 for agencies such as Mental Health, Public Schools, Family Resource Centers and Home-School groups
Only legally operating early childhood programs that work with children, birth to five and school-age children, are eligible for library privileges.
For more information contact Krista Potter at (252) 985-4300, ext. 204.